February 03, 2015

Let Us Become Like Children - Matthew 18:1-6

"But Jesus said, 'Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.'"  - Matthew 19:14

Jared and I started teaching the cradle roll class (0-2 yrs.) at church. I was hesitant. We have never taught that age group. We have always felt comfortable teaching and working with 5th-12th graders. The way I see it, though, is this can also be a year of breaking free from our comfort zones. I am hoping baby steps towards that idea will open us up to growth and benevolence to depths we have never known.

Madison went up to the church with me to prepare the first lesson. She is such a thoughtful and helpful little girl. I pray the Lord can show me how to help her grow those talents.

We only have three children in our class, our son, Clayton (5 months), Eli (2 yrs.) and Kenley (8 months). These children are so sweet. We are just starting to get to know them, but I have a feeling they will teach us more than we will teach them in a year's time.




No comments: